Sunday, October 17. – Sunday, November 7.
Exhibition Launch 7pm Wednesday 20th Oct
The McGings Open Exhibition is now in its 13th year. It is a much loved show, where small scale artworks adorn the walls of a charming public house. We invite you to submit work based on this years theme which is “Yield”.
“Yield” welcomes work of all mediums that respond to the theme. The work should be no larger than 21cm in any direction (including the frame if applicable) and ready to hang. We will accept a maximum of 3 entries per artist, if space allows.
Queries: For further information or special arrangements please contact the curator, Christine Prescott via email firstname.lastname@example.org. A link to the application form can be found at the bottom of this page.
For submission, label your work with:
- Name of Artist
- Title of Work
- Price (including 20% commission)
- Contact Details
To Submit in Person:
Deliver your work with the application form to the Westival Office on Bridge street between 12 and 6:30pm on the 15th of October. Entries received after this date will not be accepted.
To Submit by Post:
Post application form along with your work to this address:
McGings Open Call,
Westport Town Hall,
Westport, Co Mayo.
Include a stamped, self addressed envelope so we can return your work Collection: Unsold work to be collected from McGings Pub during 4pm and 6:30pm on the 7th of November only. We cannot hold work after this date. Installation and support by Breda Burns, Caroline Masterson and Gráiine O’Reilly.
- Open to all artists over the age of 18.
- Artists submitting digital media presentations (audio,video) are responsible for provision and installation of appropriate playing/screening equipment.
- Despite limited exhibition space, we aim to hang as much work as possible but reserve the right to select from submitted work for curatorial purposes.
- When considering your submission please be aware that the venue is a busy public house where Westival and the team will have no control of the security of the works hung.
- Westival and event coordinators do not accept liability for loss or damage of works. Insurance is the responsibility of the artist.
Application Form Link Below