'I AM' Open Art Exhibition
‘I AM’ is an open art exhibition in conjunction with Westival and is coordinated by Gráinne O’Reilly, Caroline Masterson and Breda Burns. The exhibition will take place in McGings Bar Westport throughout the festival from 24th - 29th October 2018.
‘I AM’ welcomes work in all mediums, from painting, drawing, print, photography, sculpture, video, etc.
McGings lends itself to small intimate pieces, so all work should be no larger than 27.5cm (11in) any dimension, (including frame if applicable). Artists may submit up to 3 pieces.
The official opening will take place on Wednesday the 24th of October at 9.30 PM, followed by music by the incredibly talented Graham Sweeney at 10.30. There will be no cover charge and all are welcome.
- To Submit: Work must be delivered to Custom House Studios, The Quay, Westport, Co Mayo, no later than Wednesday 17th of October Opening Hours are: Mon-Fri 10 – 5 pm and Sat/Sun 1.00 pm – 4.30 pm.
- Work must be labelled and include: Your Name, Title of Work, Medium, Price (including 20% commission ) Please also include; Address, Telephone Number and E-mail. The exhibition is open to all artists over the age of 18.
- Artists submitting digital media presentations (audio, video) are responsible for provision and installation of appropriate playing/screening equipment.
- McGings Bar is a public venue please consider this when designing your work.
- Westival Visual Arts Committee or Curators do not accept liability for loss or damage of works.
- Insurance of works against loss or damage is the responsibility of the artist.
- Size will be limited to a maximum of 27.5 x 27.5 x 27.5 cm or 11x11x11 inches in any dimension (including frame if applicable) Please note: larger formats may be considered in consultation with the co-ordinators. We aim to hang as much work as possible but reserve the right to select from submitted work for curatorial purpose.
Collection of unsold work:
- Unsold Work must be collected on the 9th of November between 11 am and 5.30 pm from The Custom House Studios. Work to be returned by post must be accompanied by a Stamped, Self Addressed Envelope. Artists who’s work has sold will be notified before this date.
This is the 11th year of McGing's Open & as always we can't wait to see our wonderful creative community come to life on the walls of one of Westport's favourite watering holes!