Orla Casey is a Multidisciplinary Designer and VR artist. Her work focuses on applying novel uses of new media technologies to enhance communication design, connection and story-telling. As a creative designer, she sits at the intersection between art, technology, science and well-being. Currently based in the West of Ireland, she draws inspiration from the wild beauty of the West of Ireland and from her years of experience living abroad in cultural melting pot cities like Paris and Berlin.
ABOUT MY CORONA
'We are all in the same storm but not in the same boat' - How did the Coronavirus impact your life? 'My Corona' is an interactive audio-visual walking trail, inspired by the stories behind the faces of the Westport community and our collective experience through Coronavirus. From 9 to 99 years old, each and everyone of us were impacted by the covid-19 pandemic, and while we faced the storm together, we all were forced to an abrupt halt. In this time, some of us were impacted financially, physically, emotionally and collectively socially, but we're making it through and part of that is about coming together.
HOW IT WORKS
Portraits of members of the community will be posted along a walking trail of Westport. These locations will be accessible through an interactive map and published during WESTIVAL 2020. When visitors follow this trail and locate these poster portraits, they must use their smartphones to scan the qr code relative to the portrait on the trail, this will trigger a video to pop up about the character in the picture and their corona experience.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
We are asking you (yes you!) to answer one of the questions below and give us an account of your corona journey. To get involved we need you to film your answers using your smartphone and send /upload them through the link provided here. We will select 12 for the walking trail, re-shoot and film them professionally. With your permission, we would like to feature all the videos on a Westival My Corona video page. All your stories matter, we believe that each voice is worth hearing.
- What was the biggest thing you learnt about yourself during Coronavirus?
- Who were you most connected to during lockdown?
- What new projects did you begin?
- What was difficult and what was positive about cocooning?
- What did you learn about your neighbours and community?
- What changes did it make to your life that were beneficial?
- How did you take care of your wellbeing?
- What changes in your life did you make that you will take forward into life post-lockdown?
- In this slower pace life, what are your priorities?
- What did you learn about your life before lockdown?
- What do you hope for the future?
- What did you find most difficult about the pandemic?
- The closing date for this project is 28.9.20, please upload here.
- Film these videos in landscape format ( holding your phone horizontally and steadily) in a quiet area so the sound quality is good. Make sure there is bright lighting.
- We are looking for an account of your experience, please send in a video between 1.30 - 2mins with your answers.