Visual Arts Open Call
IDENTITY, the first element of the Westival programme to be announced, and will be a significant new sculptural exhibition platform for visual artists in Ireland. Reflecting Westport’s status as a leading eco-town, the theme of IDENTITY centres around recycled and repurposed materials to serve as one of the main visual arts elements of the festival.
IDENTITY will focus on excellence in contemporary art by artists, designers and crafts practitioners working across Ireland today. With an expert jury selection, IDENTITY is a significant new exhibition platform for Irish talent hosted by a premiere arts festival in Ireland.
Westival invites submissions to IDENTITY, an exhibition of sculptural work influenced by the artist's environment and community. Taking into account recycled or repurposed materials as the artist's inspiration. The cost of entry is €15 for up to three pieces to be considered.
Please read the full terms of entry below.
- The external judging panel has final say on selected work. Westival’s director or board of management will not influence this decision or include additional works.
- You must complete payment of €15 by following the link at the end of the application form for your work to be considered.
- Submitted work must be available for sale.
- All works of art are acceptable so long as they fit the brief.
- Film-based work may be submitted as part of the online process (YouTube or Vimeo link).
- Large-scale work will be considered.
- All applications must be made exclusively by website application form. The application must be completed in full.
- The festival will not accept applications made by post, email, or in person.
- Applications will not be accepted after 6 pm on the 25th July 2018.
- The images must be of the work to be hung in the exhibition.
- The committee will contact all applicants by 1st Aug 2018.
- Works must be delivered to the Festival Hub in Westport no later than the 1st October 2018.
- Any works not sold must be collected from the IDENTITY exhibition space by 02 November 2018.
- The utmost care will be taken of all works submitted for exhibition, but neither Westival, nor the organising committee will be responsible for any damage, loss of, or destruction to, any works for any reason whatsoever. Any insurance should, therefore, be affected by the artist against all risks.
- Copyright of all work is the property of the artist. Westival reserves the right to use images submitted in our advertising and future publicity.