Westival Privacy Statement
YOUR DATA & YOUR TRUST IS IMPORTANT TO US
You are at the centre of everything we do. Our goal is to maintain your trust and confidence by handling your personal information with respect and putting you in full control. It’s important that you know what personal information Westival collects about you, and how we use it.
Westival is committed to protecting your privacy and the festival complies with the Data Protection principles set out in the relevant legislation. This Policy applies to all Personal Data collected, processed and stored by Westival in relation to its staff, service providers and clients in the course of its activities.
The policy covers both personal and sensitive personal data held in relation to data subjects by Westival. The policy applies equally to personal data held in manual and automated form. All Personal and Sensitive Personal Data will be treated with equal care by Westival. Both categories will be equally referred-to as Personal Data in this policy unless specifically stated otherwise.
Information we collect.
- Email/Postal Address
- Phone Number
- Other contact information that you may submit to us
- When you use our website, we collect information such as the browser and device you're using, your IP address, your location, the site you came from, what you did and didn't use our site/app for, or the site you visit when you leave us. For more information on how we collect this information, see our Cookies Policy below.
For data to be obtained fairly, you will, at the time the data is being collected, be made aware of:
- The identity of the Data Controller (Westival)
- The purpose(s) for which the data is being collected
- The person(s) to whom the data may be disclosed by the Data Controller
- Any other information that is necessary so that the processing may be fair.
Westival will meet this obligation in the following way:
- Your informed consent will be sought before your data is processed
- Where it is not possible to seek consent, Westival will ensure that collection of the data is justified under one of the other lawful processing conditions – legal obligation, contractual necessity, etc.
- Where Westival intends to record activity on CCTV or video, a Fair Processing Notice will be posted in full view.
- Your data will not be disclosed to a third party other than to a party contracted to Westival and operating on its behalf.
ON STORING & USING THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
- Ensure that administrative and IT validation processes are in place to conduct regular assessments of data accuracy.
- Conduct periodic reviews and audits to ensure that relevant data is kept accurate and up-to-date. Westival conducts a review of sample data every six months to ensure accuracy.
- Conduct regular assessments in order to establish the need to keep certain Personal Data.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO 3rd PARTIES
In the course of its role as Data Controller, Westival engages a number of Data Processors to process Personal Data on its behalf. In each case, a formal, written contract is in place with the Processor, outlining their obligations in relation to the Personal Data, the specific purpose or purposes for which they are engaged, and the understanding that they will process the data in compliance with the Irish Data Protection legislation and EU General Data Protection Regulation. We will never trade your personal details with third parties.
Westival will employ high standards of security in order to protect the personal data under its care. Appropriate security measures will be taken to protect against unauthorised access to, or alteration, destruction or disclosure of any personal data held by Westival in its capacity as Data Controller. Access to and management of staff and customer records is limited to those staff members who have appropriate authorisation and password access.
ACCESSING TO YOUR INFORMATION
Any formal, written request by you for a copy of your personal data (a Subject Access Request) will be referred, as soon as possible, to the Data Protection Officer, and will be processed as soon as possible. It is intended that by complying with these guidelines, Westival will adhere to best practice regarding the applicable Data Protection legislation.
COLLECTION & SAFEGUARDING YOUR DATA
Westival will ensure that the data it processes in relation to you is relevant to the purposes for which those data are collected. Data which are not relevant to such processing will not be acquired or maintained.
If you have a complaint regarding your data or wish to contact us regarding your data, you can contact the festival at email@example.com or write to
The Data Protection Officer,
C/O Leeson Enterprise Centre
- Personal Data: We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
- a) to process your membership application and generate a license card;
- b) to contact you if required in connection with your application or to respond to any communications you might send to us;
- c) to communicate with you about association activities. Please note all credit card or other payment information is transmitted using SSL encryption. All payment information details, including credit card numbers and bank details, are permanently deleted from our servers when the payment has been processed.